Check In \ Processing
483 N. Aviation Boulevard
El Segundo, CA 90245-2808
Phone (DSN) 312-633-5428
Fax (DSN) 312-633-5111
- Inprocessing Procedures
- Los Angeles AFB does not have a 24-hour reporting station. If you are flying into the area, please arrange for your sponsor to greet you at the airport. We recommend that you arrive during duty hours for easier inprocessing. All incoming personnel should report to the customer service section in the lobby of Building 272 to receive an inprocessing checklist. Hours for newcomers are 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Monday through Wednesday, and 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on Thursday and Friday. Note that this office is closed on the first Thursday of every month for training.
- One part of the inprocessing checklist is to go the Airman & Family Readiness Center in Building 272, Room C1-209. Here you will receive community information and assistance and you will be registered for Military/Civilian Onboarding. This is a 3 day series of briefing. Attendance is mandatory.
- To assist your travel around Los Angeles County, buy a Thomas Guide. This booklet is a series of street maps and is an excellent guide to county freeways system. The books are available in many community stores and in the LAAFB Base exchange.
- If you have children, the Air Force Aid Society can help with childcare. The Child Care for PCS Program offers 20 hours of free child care for Air Force families who are new to Los Angeles AFB. Contact your Airman & Family Readiness Center for a childcare certificate and a list of home day care providers. Childcare is available during your first 60 days of relocation.
- Don't forget: DD Form 1840 (PinkForm) should be filled out at the delivery of your household goods. DD 1840R should be sent within 75 days of delivery. You can file online. If you mail directly to the carrier, get a return receipt. Note: This is not filing a claim.
- File a claim within nine months directly with the carrier to get full replacement value on damaged or missing goods. Do not get estimates unless asked. Full replacement does not mean all new goods. The carrier can replace, pay full value or repair damaged goods.
- Military/Civilian OnBoarding
- At Los Angeles AFB, we have a Military/Civilian OnBoarding that occurs every two weeks. This three day session (2 1/2 days for military) includes briefings by base commanders and base agencies as well as several briefings and trainings. Attendance is mandatory. Sign up at the Airman & Family Readiness Center. Spouses are encouraged to attend. Attendance is mandatory.
- Travel Planning
- Plan My Move provides you with monthly calendars and a comprehensive to-do list to assure that you get everything done before your moving date.
- Temporary Lodging: To arrange for lodging at the Fort MacArthur Inn, call 310-653-8296, DSN 312-633-8296.
- Some things to remember:
- Have two forms of identification for registration in DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System. At LAAFB go to the Customer Service area in the lobby Building 272.
- Register for TRICARE. This can be done at the TRICARE on the second floor of Building 272.
- Bring marriage certificate and Spouse's Social Security Card. (Which can be used as a form of I.D.).
- Register at the Clinic business office in Building 210 to add the name of your spouse in that system.
- If you get Married Enroute
- If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures