20 Schilling Circle
Brown Building #1305
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731
Phone (DSN) 312-845-1410
Fax (DSN) 312-845-2215
Mon - Fri, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Holidays – closed
Hanscom AFB has a base legal office to serve active duty members, retirees and family members.
Eligibility for Services
The Legal Office offers legal assistance to the following categories of beneficiaries:
- Members entitled to retired pay and former members of reserve components entitled to retired pay.
- Officers of the commissioned corps of Public Health Service who are on active duty or entitled to retired or equivalent pay.
- Dependents of the above groups entitled to a military identification card. (Reserve and National Guard dependents must bring in a copy of orders showing member has been activated for more than 30 consecutive days.)
- Inactive reservists or National Guard Members subject to federal mobilization will only be provided with deployment-related legal assistance.
- Civilian and contract employees deploying to or in a theatre of operations may only prepare and execute wills and necessary powers of attorneys.
Note for Reserve Members: After release of of active duty, eligibility for legal assistance shall begin on the date of the release and continue for a period of time equal to twice the length of the period served on active duty under that call or order to active duty. Please bring in a copy of your orders to verify eligibility for legal assistance under this provision
Please note, legal assistance attorneys are advisors only. An Air Force legal assistance attorney cannot represent members in court, or in an administrative hearing.
Legal assistance attorneys cannot offer legal advice on:
- Criminal issues
- Official Air Force matters (such as promotions, assignments, or administrative actions)
- Matters involving your personal business (except Servicemembers Civil Relief Act issues).