Personal Legal Assistance at Presidio
Monterey, CA 93944
Phone 831-242-5083 / 831-242-5084
Phone (DSN) 312-768-5083/5084
Fax (DSN) 312-768-5085
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sat and Sun - closed
Holidays - closed
The NPS Legal Office is composed of two attorneys (the General Counsel and Staff Judge Advocate) and one paralegal specialist. The office provides legal and regulatory guidance on all command-related issues.
The following legal services are available for active duty, reservists, retirees, and family members with military identification:
- Notary Services: Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday - 8:00 am - 11:30 am
- Powers of Attorney: See the Paralegal Specialist for assistance. Commonly used forms are provided on the Quick Links.
- Real Estate Documents: Call to make an appointment with the notary.
- Wills: Call DLIFLC SJA at for an appointment at 831-242-5083. Refer to the Will Information Sheet.
For additional guidance on personal legal assistance matters, please visit the Staff Judge Advocate link under Staff Organization on the Presidio of Monterey website. Information about the NLSO Lemoore Branch Office may be found at the Lemoore NLSO website.
- 70 days from date of delivery to turn in your DD 1840/R to the Personal Property Office (PPO) -- 831-656-2151
- PPO will give you a claim packet and checklist to use to complete your claim.
- Mail your claim to the following address: Personnel Claims Unit Norfolk 9053 First Street Suite 102 Norfolk, VA 23511-3605. Phone: 888-897-8217/Fax 866-782-7279, DSN 312-564-3310/Fax DSN 312-564-3337.