Family Child Care (FCC)
200 Golf Course Rd
Scott AFB, IL 62225
Mon - Fri - 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sats, Suns and Federal Holidays - Closed
*Child Development Center (CDC)
* Two Child Development Centers (CDC) on base provide care for children ages six weeks to kindergarten age - Building 1805, 618-256-2375 and Building 1807, 618-256-2669, both located on W. Winters Street. Programs include hourly, full time and specialty care. Both centers can be reached via the 375th Force Support website.
* SPECIAL NOTE: Should a furlough of DoD civilian employees occur, incoming personnel should be advised that the provision of child care at both CDCs will be limited on Fridays throughout the furlough to those in the following status: Dual Military, Military Members who are single parents, and Military Members who are married to an individual who works full time off-base.
* Programs Offered - Children ages six weeks to kindergarten age are provided hourly, full time and specialty care in these facilities.
* Reservations are taken up to four weeks in advance for hourly care.
* Availability - Waiting list forms are available for full-time weekly care. Average period on waiting list is two months, except for infants.
* Hours of Operation - The centers are open Monday through Friday, 6:30am to 6:00pm.
* Registration - Placement on the waiting list for full time care can be accomplished prior to Permanent Change of Station (PCS) moves by submitting a Request For Care Form. These forms are available at any AF CDC and can be forwarded to Scott via fax. Upon arrival at Scott, it is advisable to contact the CDC to update information such as, current phone numbers and your organization location, etc. A follow up telephone call or fax submissions is also recommended.
* Priority Care - Positions are filled from the waiting list by the date of application according to priority. Active duty and civilian employees assigned to Scott AFB are eligible to utilize base childcare services. However, priority is given to single and dual military members.
* Costs - Full time childcare costs range from $62-$138 per week and is based on family income. Family Child Care (FCC) homes provide an excellent alternative to center care. Approximately 30 FCC homes operate on the base and provide many options for child care arrangements. Lists of current FCC providers are available at the CDCs, Airman and Family Readiness Center or the FCC office.
*Family Child Care (FCC)
* The Family Day Care Coordinators are responsible for certifying/licensing Family Day Care Providers and inspecting homes for safety and compliance with rules and regulations regarding childcare.
*School Age Program (SAP)
* Scott AFB school aged program is located at the Youth Center. Elementary school children go to the Youth Center anytime after 6:30 am, get picked up by the school bus then go back to the center after school and may stay until 6:00 pm. This program is available for students enrolled at Mascoutah and Scott Elementary Schools. They have breakfast in the mornings and snacks in the afternoon and are constantly supervised. The cost per week for the program is based upon income.
* School Age Care or Before and After School Care is available at the Youth Center. Scott AFB "Home Alone" policy, Scott regulation 40-301, states that children under 11 years of age cannot be left unattended. Eleven-year-olds can be left only for short periods of time.
* Children ages 12 and older may also watch younger siblings in their own home. Red Cross Babysitter Certification Training is available at Scott. Contact the Scott AFB Red Cross office at 618-256-3292 for more information.