Region Legal Service Office-Southwest
3395 Sturtevant Street, Suite 2
Bldg. 56, Naval Base San Diego
San Diego, CA 92136
Phone Appointment Hotline: 619-556-2211
Phone (DSN) 312-526-2349
Attorney Services: By appointment ONLY
Special Powers of Attorney/Notary Services: Walk-in Basis
Monday- Thursday 7:45 - 11:00 a.m. and 12:45 - 2:45 p.m.
Friday 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Divorce Seminar: Walk-in Basis
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
Region Legal Service Office (RLSO) Southwest's mission is to provide comprehensive legal support to Navy commands and individual service members throughout their extensive area of responsibility. Legal Assistance is available to eligible clients seeking assistance with personal civil legal matters. Assistance may include advice, analysis, research, negotiation, notary services, and document review or preparation. Legal Assistance also provides services to educate eligible persons and command representatives regarding personal legal rights and responsibilities.
Eligibility for Services
People eligible for RLSO services are Active Duty, Retirees, and Reservists on Active Duty, and dependents with ID card. Proper valid military ID is required to receive services. An ID check is conducted at the legal assistance check-in desk.
Not Eligible for Services
People not eligible for RLSO services are Civilians or Department of Defense Employees that are stationed at a command in the continental United States.
Legal Assistance Office Locations
Naval Base San Diego Main Office; the main office is located at Building 56 aboard Naval Base San Diego. Coming into the main gate, turn right. At the first stop sign, turn left. Enter the first parking lot on the right, and Building 56 will be the second building on your right. While there are certain spaces designated for clients, parking is often challenging, and it may be necessary to use adjacent parking lots. Please call the main number at 619-556-2211 if you have questions.
Naval Base Coronado (North Island) Satellite Office; the RLSOSW North Island Branch Office is located at Building 318 aboard Naval Base Coronado (North Island). Continue straight after main gate until you reach the flag circle. Turn right on Quentin Roosevelt Blvd. Continue straight and turn left onto Saufley Rd. Building 318 will be on your right, next to the North Island Federal Credit Union (NIFCU) and directly across from the pool (behind the CNRSW FFSC). The parking lot is located across from Building 318 on your left. The stairwell access is on the pool-side of the building. The office is located on the second floor.
Please note, the Naval Base Coronado (North Island) branch office is not wheelchair accessible. Please use the Naval Base San Diego location instead. Please call 619-545-6437 if you have questions.
Naval Amphibious Base Coronado branch office is located at Building 16 aboard Naval Amphibious Base Coronado. Continue straight after the main gate building 16 is on the left next to the U.S. Post Office on Guadalcanal Road. This branch office has walk-in hours for Notary and Power of Attorney services Wednesday 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Providing Legal Assistance by appointment only. There is no will assistance available at this branch. Please call 619-437-3788 for more information.
Special Power of Attorney/Notary Services (Walk-in Only):
- Naval Base San Diego -- Monday-Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Please contact 619-556-2211 for further information.
- Naval Base Coronado (NAS North Island) -- Monday-Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Please contact 619-545-6437 for further information.
NOTE: You must bring your Military ID as well as a State/Government issued photo ID with a signature on it.
- Naval Base San Diego: across from Bldg. 56 with designated spaces for clients.
- Naval Base Coronado (North Island): across from Bldg. 318. Please note North Island location is not wheelchair accessible. Please visit our Naval Base San Diego location instead.
- Naval Base Coronado (Amphibious): across bldg. 16 with designated spaces for clients.
Divorce Seminar (Walk-in)
Naval Base San Diego: Seminars begin at 1300
- Monday - Part I - General Information --
- Tuesday - Part II - Initial Paperwork
- Wednesday - Part III - Service of Process, Disclosure & Judgment
NB Coronado (NAS North Island): Walk-in, First come, First Serve Basis (maximum capacity of 15 persons)
- Information Workshop - Wednesday, check in at 0745
- Initial Paperwork - must attend section 1 in order to attend this section
Please keep in mind that the Legal Assistance attorneys can only advise and assist one party to the divorce. Ethical rules prohibit representation of husband and wife. The other party is free to consult with attorneys at MCRD, Camp Pendleton, or Miramar.
Scope of Legal Assistance Services
Information Advice Only
- Claims against the government
- Domicile and State residency issues
- Insurance contracts
- Living trusts
- Military rights and benefits
- Out-of-State divorces
- Out-of-State warrants for arrest
- Pre/post-nuptial agreements
- Review of real estate contracts (including residential leases)
- Small Claims Court
- Subpoena issues
- Transmutation agreements
Advice & Document Drafting
- Advanced health care directives
- Affidavits of paternity
- Child or spousal support
- Consumer law issues
- Debtor/creditor issues
- Divorce in California
- Durable powers of attorney
- Income tax preparations (tax season only)
- Indebtedness letters
- Landlord/tenant issues
- Living Wills
- Marital separation agreements
- Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act
- Name changes
- Notary services
- Power of attorney
- Administrative separation boards/Boards of inquiry
- Attorney malpractice or billing
- Business advice
- Ethics advice (including standards of conduct)
- Felony crimes advice
- Financial planning
- Fitness reports
- Lawsuits against US Government
- Medical discharges
- Military justice advice