829 Armistead Street
Pope Army Airfield, NC 28308-2404
Phone (DSN) 312-424-2538
Fax (DSN) 312-424-4346
Child Development Services (CDS)
* The Fort Bragg Child, Youth, School Services Program provide affordable high quality child care to accommodate the needs of Fort Bragg s families through its network of Off Post Family Child Care providers. Providers in our network are monitored once a month, receive extensive and ongoing competency based training, and are encouraged to receive national certification. Some of our providers hold Child Development Associate (CDA) credentials and others are working toward completion. Our providers are able to accommodate flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends. To help reduce the monthly childcare expense, financial assistance is available for families who meet income eligibility requirements.
* In collaboration with the Department of Defense and other local agencies, our goal is to support efforts to build strong and healthy families. We are currently recruiting new providers to join our program and military spouses are encouraged to apply. Providers who join our network receive training at no cost, equipment, and toys to start their business, and ongoing technical assistance. If you would like more information, assistance with any childcare service, or you are interested in earning some extra income for your family, pick up the phone and give us a call today! The Child, Youth, and School Services staff can be reached Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 910-396-8110.
Child Development Centers (CDC)
* Programs Offered - Child care provisions can be made for children 4 weeks of age to 12 years of age for full day, part day, hourly, extended, long term and special needs care.
* Registration for all CDS programs is done at the CYS office. They can be reached at 910-396-8110/1278. There is no annual registration fee.
* Centers on Installation - There are 5 CDC facilities on Fort Bragg and all centers are licensed by the state of North Carolina and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The Centers include:
1. Cook Child Development Center - Located on Gruber Rd. Hours: 5:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Phone: 910-396-2989/3349. Offers full-day care.
2. Fernandez Child Development Center -Located on Knox St. Hours: 5:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Phone: 910-396-4733/3936. Offers full-day care.
3. Prager Child Development Center - Located on Second St. Hours: 5:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Phone: 910-396-1136/1193. Offers Full-day care.
4. Rodgers Child Development Center – Located on Second St., adjacent to Prager Child Development Center. Hours: 5:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Phone: 910-432-5933
5. Rodriguez Child Development Center - Located on Sicily Dr. Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Phone: 910-396-5429. Offers Part Day Preschool and Hourly care.
Family Child Care (FCC)
* FCC offers developmental and age-appropriate child care in a home setting to children 4 weeks to 12 years of age. This program is for those who are interested in small group care in a family atmosphere. More than 135 homes in the Fort Bragg community and surrounding area are involved in the FCC program. Bilingual and multi-cultural homes available. All FCC homes are inspected by health, fire and safety proponents. Types of care include: long term, before and after school, special needs, extended, overnight and hourly. Call 910-396-3415 for additional information.
School Age Services (SAS)
* SAS offers care for before and after school with options for before school only or after school only. Each of these options entitles program participants to full day care services during out of school periods, excluding federal holidays, during the school year. Additionally, separate SAS camps are operated during winter and spring breaks for those patrons who normally do not require daily before and after school care. During the summer months, SAS operated a full day camp option, in ten, one-week sessions and eight, one week half day sessions. For more information call 910-396-5780.