Child Care Community - Resource and Referral
5920 Arlington Expressway
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat and Sun - closed
Child Development Center (CDC)
The Mayport CDC program is based on the The National Association for the Education of Young Children's guidelines on Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs and is accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs. We strive to meet the needs of and promote the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of the children, while responding to the needs of the family.
The CDC offers full-time, drop-in and a Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten program. In addition, Family Child Care and School-Age Care (SAC) programs are offered for children, kindergarten to 12 years of age before and/or after school, during holidays, and summer vacations.
The status of the sponsor determines eligibility of children to enroll in Navy Child Development Programs. Eligibility is based on the parent who has physical custody of the child. Eligible patrons include military personnel, DoD civilian personnel, reservists on active duty or inactive duty for training and retired members.
Centers on Installation
There are two Mayport CDC facilities:
- CDC located at 1650 America Street Building 2287 Atlantic Beach, FL 32233, Phone: 904- 241-4507. Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Serves infants to children two years of age.
- CDC located at 1137 Cove Landing Drive Building 1960 Mayport, FL 32228, Phone: 904-247-7740. Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Serves infants to children five years of age.
Drop In Care -- Should you need the use of the CDC on a drop-in basis, reservations can be made at either location. Drop-in services are offered on a daily space available basis.
Eligibility for NS Mayport CDC
- Single/Dual Military/Individual Augmentee
- Working, non-working, student and spouse
- Activated reserves and guardsmen
- DOD Civilian personnel and contractors
Wait times for two years old and under is (6) months. Wait times for two years old and over is (2) to (4) months for the on base CDC. There are immediate openings for times for two years old and over in the Child Development Home Care Program.
Category Bi-Monthly Monthly
Category I ($0-$28,000) $122 $244
Category II ($28,001-#34,000) $150 $300
Category III ($34,001-$44,000) $178 $356
Category IV ($44,001-$55,000) $206 $412
Category V ($55,001-$70,000) $234 $468
Category VI ($70,000+) $262 $524