Check In \ Processing
Welcome Center (Check In Point)
331 Main Gateway
Dover AFB, DE 19902
Fax (DSN) 312-677-2863
Mon - Fri 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sat and Sun - closed
Holidays - closed
- Documents to Hand Carry
- Do not pack important papers with your household goods or hold baggage. Plan to take the following items with you: ID cards, PCS orders, personal identification documents, passports, medical records, birth certificates and marriage documents, children's immunization and school records, spouse employment and education records, wills, bank books and state and federal tax records.
- Documents to Carry:
- For PCS Moves: DD2278 (DITY application)
- DITY Checklist and Certification of expenses
- Rental Contract if Applicable
- Certified Weight Tickets
- All expense receipts
- 3 Copies of Orders
- You must weight your vehicle empty and then again fully loaded prior to leaving. If you have any questions you can contact the TMO office at, 302-677-4382 or 4377; DSN 312-445-4382/4377.
- Area Weigh Stations:
- Martin Limestone: 302-284-9151
- Clark's Seed: 302-653-3249
- Travel Planning
- Be sure to make temporary lodging reservations well in advance of your arrival to the base.
- Newcomer's arriving on weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. must report to their squadron to receive a duty information sheet. The newcomer will take the duty information sheet, orders and their inprocessing package (a large sealed envelope) to the Military Personnel Flight (MPF) in building 520. The Wing In-processing at the Military Personnel Section (MPS) is every Tuesday at 7:30 am.
- Newcomer's arriving after normal duty hours, on a holiday, or weekend should report to the Eagle's Rest Inn to sign in. On the first duty day following arrival the newcomer should turn in their duty information sheet, orders and their in processing package to the MPF. (Note: First Duty station airmen will be scheduled for a two week session of orientation briefings at the First Term Airmen's Center upon completion of in processing).
- Upon arrival report to your duty section. Your squadron will assist you with your mandatory appointments to include the Newcomer's Orientation. Newcomer's Orientation is held every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Spouses are highly encouraged to attend.
- Dover AFB First Term Airmen Center (FTAC) is mandatory for all newly arrived enlisted first termers, first duty station at Dover.
- If you get Married Enroute
- If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures