Count on us to guide you home

Yuma Proving Ground

Yuma, Arizona

Return to Home Page         Return to Base Home Page

Check In \ Processing

Personnel Support Office
2d Street/D Street
Bldg. 501, Rm #71

Yuma, AZ 85365-9498
Phone 928-328-2578
Phone (DSN) 312-899-2578
Fax 928-328-2089
Fax (DSN) 312-899-2089
Mon - Thu 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fri - Sun and Holidays - closed

Reporting Procedures

If you’re assigned to Support Detachment, and if you are arriving during duty hours, you should report directly to the Military Personnel Division (MPD), Building 501, Rm 71 (Bldg. 501 is located on Main Post and across from Army Community Service, Bldg. 309).If you are arriving after duty hours, on a weekend or holiday, you should report to the temporary lodging office on base or where your reservation has been made.  Please verify with your unit for procedures, especially is you belong to another unit.

You should report to MPD the first duty day after your arrival. When you report to Building 501, ensure you have the documents in your possession as mentioned under,Important Documents to Hand Carry for In-processing.

An in-processing checklist will be issued by your individual unit. Individuals will also need to have all financial papers related to their PCS. The sponsor will escort the new soldier for during the in-processing period as much as possible. The sponsor will be his/her mentor to ease the transition. Should you not be assigned a sponsor, you may request one. A quarterly Newcomer's Orientation is held at the Palm Garden Conferencing Center, Bldg. 530, or as determined. Your Commander or supervisor will inform you of your attendance requirement. Family Members are welcomed but not required to attend. Childcare is not provided.  An assessment is made during in-processing at Army Community Service and will answer your questions or concerns you may have. A welcome packet which includes the Installation Commander's Welcome Packet and Plan My Move are also included.

Other Incoming Personnel

All other incoming personnel (Health Clinic; Military Freefall School, Veterinary Treatment Facility), follow the same procedures for Army Lodging and on the first duty day after your arrival, you should then report to the proper unit.


Unit Contacts
Unit Name Telephone/Fax
Support Detachment COM: 928-328-2353/2349/ DSN: 312-899-2353/2349 FAX: 312-899-6602
Health Clinic COM: 928-328-2666/ DSN: 312-899-2666 FAX: 312-899-2143
Military Freefall School COM: 928-328-3895/2286/3639/ DSN: 312-899-3895/2286/3639 FAX: 312-899-3635
Veterinary Treatment Facility COM: 928-328-2064/2897/2037/ DSN: 312-899-2064/2897/2037 FAX: 312-899-2995

Important Documents to Hand Carry for Inprocessing

It is recommended that you hand carry the following important documents:

  • Copy of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders        
  • Military Personnel File (MPF)
  • Officer - Enlisted Record Brief (ORB/ERB)
  • Enlistment Contracts or Oath of Office
  • DA Form 31 (Request and Authority for Leave)
  • Most current Evaluation Report or Academic Report (OER, NCOER, OR AER)
  • Promotion Orders

An in-processing checklist will be issued. Individuals will also need to have all financial papers related to their PCS. 

NOTE:  Make sure to submit proper leave request prior to taking permissive leave for a house hunting trip.

House Hunting:  Refer to AR 600-8-10 (Leave and Passes), paragraph 5-32(f) - This action is normally requested during his/her out-processing.

What to do if you get Married Enroute

If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing for your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

Homes Near Base

No listings found for Yuma Proving Ground.