Count on us to guide you home

Fort Story

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Return to Home Page         Return to Base Home Page

Check In \ Processing

Reporting Procedures

Inprocessing Procedures For Navy personnel assigned to Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek

All personnel reporting to JEB Little Creek or one of the Tenant Commands, report to Personnel Support Detachment (PSD), located directly inside gate 4 or that Tenant Command. All personnel reporting to the ships, report directly to the ship. If you do not know where to find the ship, call the ship information line at 757-444-0000 and request the pier number and directions. If the ship is on deployment, report to the Naval Station Norfolk, Transient Personnel Unit (TPU).

The Fleet and Family Support Center, Relocation Department, is available to assist you with all your relocation needs.

Inprocessing Procedures For Army Personnel assigned to Fort Story

Fort Story is a sub-installation of Fort Eustis, Virginia. Fort Eustis is located 50 miles away. Personnel assigned to Fort Story must first process in at Fort Eustis. When processing in at Fort Eustis, be aware, your assignment could change. The Military Personnel Offfice base assignments on the present needs of the Command. Therefore, your assignment may be at either of the installations. Military Personnel Office: Fort Eustis - Bldg 650, 757-878-4431.

When reporting to JEB Little Creek Fort Story:

Documents to Hand Carry

Keep copies of all important papers these should include: orders, passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, ID cards, insurance cards, etc. Keep your sponsor, quarterdeck, and command ombudsman phone numbers with you at all times.

Travel Planning

Make lodging reservations in advance, make kennel arrangements for pets if you will be staying in the military lodge system or hotel/motels that are not pet friendly. Keep important travel numbers with you such as Red Cross, Navy Marine Corp Relief Society (NMCRS) Fleet and Family Support Centers (FFSC) and remember to have a safe and fun trip!

Service members are strongly encouraged to ask their detaching or gaining command about Temporary Lodging Expense or Temporary Lodging Allowance, which can off-set the cost of temporary housing at the losing or gaining duty station. This financial entitlement is obtained at the command and should be applied for before expecting reimbursement for lodging costs.

What to do if you get Married Enroute

If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing for your spouse if you do not follow proper procedure.

Homes Near Base

No listings found for Fort Story.