Ask your Command or local housing office to learn more about PCSing.com that is currently available for most military installations. This site allows military members and families to:
- Search listings and pictures of available rentals near military installations
- Articles to understand all the ins and out of PCSing to a new location
- Find out about shared rentals
- List and advertise their own properties for rent or to other military families PCSing
- List their homes For Sale By Owner (FSBO) to other military members PCSing
- How to Contact the military installation housing office they are PCSing to.
- For Local Certified Military Relocator agents to help in your PCSing needs
PICERNE MILITARY HOUSING (Privatized Housing)
2030 14th Street
Fort Polk, LA 71459-7100
Phone Toll Free: 866-525-HOME (4663) / 337-537-5031
Be aware there may be a long waiting time for housing. The ……….. housing office will keep your name on the waiting list and contact you when your permanent housing is available. Make sure to reserve temporary lodging for you and your family prior to PCSing to ………... Once you arrive and sign in to ………. You could receive 10 days of permissive TDY to look at your housing options and make a decision.
You can also contact a local Certified Military Relocator Agent who could also assist you in all you off base housing needs.
"It's Your Move" Armed Forces Members, Part IV, Attachment K1 for detailed information on weight allowances, valuable tips, household goods shipping process, storage, shipping your automobile (POV - Privately Owned Vehicle), arrival and delivery of household goods shipments, claims process, and the