Travel and Planning
Billeting/Lodging Phone 661-275-7666
5602 Honts Drive Phone (DSN) 312-527-7666
Edwards,AFB, CA 93524 Fax 661-277-2517
Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week Fax (DSN) 3112-527-2517
- Temporary Lodging Facilities
- Make reservations as soon as possible once you have your travel dates by calling the High Desert Inn at 661-275-7666 or DSN 312-525-7666. We are open 24/7 (including holidays).
- Information needed to make reservations includes name, rank, arrival and departure dates, number of individuals staying in unit, number of children (if any), number of pets (if any), phone number at which we can contact you, email address, organization, mailing address, and credit card information.
- Any active duty on PCS orders are eligible and have priority to stay the Desert High Inn followed by retirees. DoD civilians on PCS orders or just passing through are also eligible to stay. Invited contractors who are relocating to Edwards AFB because of an assignment must have a special permission from the installation commander or have an active duty military sponsor their stay.Present a copy of your PCS orders upon check-in.
- Availability; Costs; Registration
- If we are fully booked and cannot house you on-base, we will reserve a room for you with one of the participating hotels in our Commercial Lodging Program. You will be given a “Non-availability” statement good for up to 10 days.
- Daily check-ins start at 2:00 p.m. and check-out at 11:00 a.m. The High Desert Inn does not accommodate late check-outs. Additional room charge will be added to the bill for late check-outs.
- Visiting Quarters cost $39.00 per night (1 Queen size bed and sofa in living room)
- Temporary Lodging Facility (TLF)* costs:
- 2 Bed TLF $41.50 per night (1 Queen size bed and two Twin beds)
- 2 Bed Pet TLF $51.50 per night (1 Queen size bed and two Twin beds)
- 4 Bed TLF $52.00 per night (3 Queen size beds and two Twin beds)
- 4 Bed Pet TLF $62.00 per night (3 Queen size beds and two Twin beds)
- $10 pet fee is added to your TLF cost per night if you have pets
- * TLF’s are fully functioning houses with kitchens, stove/oven, dishware, cookware, dishwasher, laundry facility including washer/dryer, and full living rooms.
- Guaranteed room reservations (Credit Card on file) -- your room is held until 5:00 a.m. the following morning. If you do not call us to cancel your reservation or if you are a no-show, we will cancel your room at 5:00 a.m. and charge your credit card for one night’s stay.
- Non-Guaranteed reservations (No Credit Card on file) -- if you do not check in by 6:00 p.m. the day you are due to check in, your reservation will be cancelled and your room will be used for other guests.
- Maximum Length of Stay
- If PCSing in you are authorized 30 days at lodging, and if you are PCSing out you are authorized 10 days in lodging.
- Edwards' High Desert Inn is located on Honts Drive, Building 5602.
- Pet Restrictions
- A maximum of two pets may accompany you in one of our Pet TLF’s. There is a nightly pet fee of $10 that is automatically assessed to your nightly room rate. You must present your pets current shot records at the time you check into your unit. Pets are not authorized in any room other then a Pet TLF. If found that a pet has been kept in a Non-Pet unit, a fee of $150.00 will be assessed to your balance and you will have to remove the pet immediately.
- Special Needs
- Edwards’ High Desert Inn has only one room for a family with special needs. The entrance has a ramp to accommodate a wheel chair. Currently, the room is being modified to properly accommodate family members with special needs.