Crested Butte Child Development Center (CDC)
18300 E. Crested Butte
Bldg 725 (Stop 24)
Buckley AFB, CO 80011
Phone (DSN) 312-847-6175
Fax (DSN) 312-847-6176
Mon – Fri 6:15 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Holidays - Closed
- Child Development Center (CDC)
- The Child Development Centers provide care for children 6 weeks to 5 years of age. Hourly care may be reserved on a space-available basis. Parents may request weekly child care by completing a DD Form 2606. This form is available at the CDC or on the AF publishing webpage. The CDC staff is dedicated to providing environments that emphasize cooperation, caring, mutual respect, creative opportunities, and openness to knowledge and a spirit of inquiry. The curriculum is based on the social, emotional, and cognitive needs of the child. Learning is based on participatory experiences. Daily experiences include large and small motor development, manipulative skills, and creative arts to include painting, music, and movement, science and math, outdoor play, hygiene, and self-help skills.
- Buckley AFB has two child Development Centers. The newest one, A-Basin CDC offers spaces for 150 children. Crested Butte CDC offers spaces for 215 children. Both offer identical programs for children ages 6 weeks up to 6 years old. Hours are 6:15 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. Mon - Fri. The CDCs are closed on all Federal Holidays. Consolidated child care is available at the Crested Butte CDC on Family Days.
- Registration / Priority Care
- Registration is required for all children. Parents complete a DD Form 2606 to request weekly child care and then complete a registration package. There is currently a waiting list for all age groups at both CDCs. First priority is given to single active duty military parents, dual active duty military parents, and single DoD civilian parents. Second priority is for active duty military married to a civilian spouse working full time or attending school full time.
- Childcare fees are based on total family income and are set according to the uniform fee structure guidelines of the DoD and the Military Child Care Act of 1996. There are nine payment categories ranging from $62.00 to $146.00 weekly. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks, including three types of formulas for infants are provided daily. Hourly care is offered on a space available basis.
- School Age Program (SAP)
- The School Age Program provides safe, supervised, healthy, accountable and age appropriate programs for youth. School age care is available on school holidays and summer vacations. The School Age Program provides a full range of fun, educational and recreational programs. Breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack is provided.
- Part-Day Enrichment Preschool Program
The A-Basin CDC offers a part-day enrichment preschool program for children ages 3 to 5 years old. The program provides safe, supervised, play-based enrichment activities for young children in preparation for Kindergarten. The program starts in late August and ends in mid-May and is out of session when the Aurora Public Schools are out of session (e.g. Spring break, summer break, fall break, and winter break). The program is held from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Mon – Fri. There is space for 24 children.