Count on us to guide you home

Buckley Air Force Base

Aurora, Colorado

Return to Home Page         Return to Base Home Page

Check In \ Processing

Check-in Procedures

Documents to Hand Carry

  • PCS orders
  • All personal identification documents; military ID cards, marriage and birth certificates, passports and Social Security cards
  • Medical/dental records, including immunization records for family and pets
  • Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
  • Family member employment records and letters-of-recomendations, transcripts and professonal licenses
  • Last bank and credit union statements 
  • Proof of car insurance and registration. If you are returning from an overseas assignment, have proof that you were insured (from you overseas insurance company) during the time you were out of country. If you cannot prove insurance, you may be considered "uninsured" for that time period and be required to pay much higher premiums when obtaining new insurance policies 
  • School records
  • Inventory list of household goods shipment
  • Any bills of sale pertaining to vehicles, especially if you purchased the car overseas. You will need these to register your car
  • Your sponsorship package
  • Reservations for your off-base hotel upon arrival

Travel Planning

  • Temporary Lodging Reservations
    • Contact Base lodging at 720-847-5899 to make reservations or visit the DoD Lodging website for online reservations. Buckley is located aproximately 15 miles from Denver International Airport, so space can fill up quickly. It is suggested you make your reservations as soon as possible.
    • The Rocky Mountain Lodge is located on 345 S. Beaver Creek St, Bldg 331, Buckley Air Force Base. 
    • If you are arriving with pets, please check with the Airman and Family Readiness Flight or base lodging for a list of kennels in the local area.
  • PCS Single Airmen (E-4 and below) arriving after duty hours or on weekends are to contact their sponsor or 1st Shirt upon arrival.  If you need the phone number of your 1st Shirt or Chief, go to Bldg 28, Panther Hall.  The base phone roster of all 1st Shirts is located there on the main bulletin board. You may also elect to call the Buckley command post at 720-847-5613. 

Reporting Procedures

  • If you arrive during duty hours, check in at your Unit level first and then report to to the Military Personnel Section in Bldg 606 to begin inprocessing. Report in uniform and anticipate doing your initial base inprocessing the same day or the following day, depending upon your arrival time. Members are to report with their personnel records package for MPS inprocessing and will be referred to the Finance Office for travel voucher completion. If you are eligible for house hunting, you will be given permissive TDY after you have done your initial inprocessing. Make sure that you are granted permissive TDY, otherwise, you will be charged with regular leave. If you arrive after duty hours, report to your unit and MPS the following duty day.
  • Civilian Employees
    • Report to the Civilian Personnel Office, Bldg 606, weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for inprocessing.
  • If you get Married Enroute
    • If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military WILL NOT pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures

Homes Near Base

No listings found for Buckley Air Force Base.