Schools & Education
School Liaison Officer
4311 N. Washington Boulevard
Nellis AFB, NV 89191
Phone (DSN) 312-682-3327
Fax (DSN) 312-682-5766
Mon – Fri 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Public School
- School Liaison Officer
- The School Liaison Officer is the chief advocate for military-connected children enrolled in K-12 public, Charter, private, or home school. Enrollment, placement, transfers, graduation, and participation in extracurricular activities are among the typical school-related matters handled by the School Liaison Officer. Anyone seeking assistance for any military child education concern should call the Airman & Family Readiness Center at 702-652-3327 and ask for the School Liaison Officer.
- Clark County School District
- Las Vegas has been recognized as an attractive place to live and to raise a family. The community has actively addressed the need for family-oriented activities and continued school improvements that embrace Nevada's students and prepare them for a new century and a global marketplace.
- Southern Nevada's Clark County School District is the 5th largest in the nation with over 309,000 students and 363 schools. In addition to a comprehensive education program for kindergarten through grade 12, the district offers magnet programs geared to those students with unique interests, skills and abilities.
- Additional programs offered through CCSD include special and occupational education, achievement testing, a before-and after-school program called Safekey, adult education, tutorials, various parent organizations, and the requirements for home education. Detailed information regarding these programs is available through the CCSD Public Information Office at 702-799-5304.
- Registration Requirements
- If your child is enrolling in a Clark County school for the first time, you need the following items to complete your child's registration:
- Proof of Address. Two forms of proof of address are required. These may be in the form of a recent utility bill, rent receipt, residence lease, or sales contract.
- Proof of the child's identity. This may consist of an original birth certificate, a passport, or a baptismal certificate. No copies will be accepted.
- Up-to-date medical information. You must have records indicating that your child has had, or at least started, this series of immunizations:
- Four DPT shots, Four Polio doses, Two MMR shots (one by 15 months, and one by kindergarten or first grade), two Hepatitis A shots, three Hepatitis B shots, and one Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Average Test Scores
- Average test scores Reading - 506 (National Average 505) Math - 513 (National Average 508) Graduation requirements - 22.5 Credits
- Graduation Requirements
- To graduate from the Clark County School District, students must complete their required course work and pass the Nevada High School Proficiency Exams in reading, writing and math. Students must earn 22 1/2 credits in the following subjects:
- English – 4 credits
- Math – 3 credits *
- Science – 2 credits
- U.S. History – 1 credit
- U.S. Government – 1 credit
- Physical Education – 2 credits **
- World History or Geography – 1 credit ***
- Health Education – ½ credit
- Computers – ½ credit
- Electives – 7 ½ credits
- *Math course units must include at least Algebra 1 or 1H, or Applied Algebra 1A and 1B, or above.
- ** A maximum of one PE II waiver can be earned by participation in certain activities.
- *** World History satisfies the state Arts/Humanities requirement. Geography may also fulfill this graduation requirement.
- School Liaison Officer
- Private School
- There are a variety of Private Schools in Clark County covering grades Kindergarten through the 12th grade. Please speak to your SLO about getting a full list of schools.
- Charter School
- These primary or secondary schools receive public money but have greater flexibility in staffing, scheduling and instructional methods than traditional public schools in exchange for some type of accountability for producing results. Charter schools do not charge tuition, and they are opened and attended by choice.