Count on us to guide you home

Edwards Air Force Base

Palmdale, California

Return to Home Page         Return to Base Home Page

Check In \ Processing

90 Farrell Drive, Bldg 5620
Edwards AFB, CA 93524

Phone 661-277-0723
Phone (DSN) 312-527-0723
Fax 661-277-2908 / 3251
Fax (DSN) 312-527-2908 / 3251

Mon – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sat and Sun - Closed 
Holidays - Closed

Check-in Procedures

  • Travel Planning
    • Temporary Lodging Reservations
      • Make reservations as soon as possible once you have your travel dates by calling the High Desert Inn at 661-275-7666 or DSN 312-525-7666. The High Desert Inn is open 24/7 including holidays.
    • Command Sponsorship
      • Command approval is required for PCSing overseas regardless of the active duty member traveling concurrently with the family member/s. “Concurrent Travel” means family members travel with the active duty member at the same time vice traveling by themselves at a later date and is reflected on the active duty member’s PCS orders. It is important that the active duty member informs his/her command of his/her intent to sponsor the family members to the next duty station and obtain command approval. Failing to do delays PCS benefits and entitlements for the family members.
    • Reporting Procedures
      • Your first stop is the Military Personnel Services, 611-277-4611 or DSN 312-527-4611. In-processing is held daily, in Building 3000, Customer Service, Room 1, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays, 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. You must be in uniform to in-process. Please bring your PCS package from your last base. If you arrive after duty hours, your 24 hour arrival point for area information and welcome is the Base Lodging Office, Building 5602, High Desert Inn, 661-275-7666, DSN 312-575-7666.
    • Newcomers Orientation Program for Active Duty, DoD Civilian, and Family Members
      • The Newcomers Orientation workshop welcomes all military, DoD civilian, invited contractor newcomers and their spouses to Edwards AFB. It is conducted every second Thursday of each month. This is a one-day session includes classroom briefings from formal leadership and community agencies. It is held at the Club Muroc Alliance Room,  from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Spouse Newcomer’s will be held at Club Muroc, Glen Edwards room from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Please call the Airman and Family Readiness Center at 661-277-0230, DSN 312-527-0230 to register.
    • Childcare for PCS Program
      • Active duty newcomers with small children needing childcare should stop by the Airman and Family Readiness Center to get a Childcare for PCS voucher. Childcare for PCS is a community program under the Air Force Aid Society that pays 20 hours of childcare per child for those AF active duty and family members within 60 days of PCSing in and out. The Airman and Family Readiness Center (A&FRC) is at 550 South Bailey Avenue, Edwards AFB. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., telephone 661-277-4662/0230 or DSN 312-527-4662/0723.
    • Sponsor’s Role
      • Upon notification of your PCS, you should be assigned a sponsor from your gaining unit to assist you with your relocation.  The sponsor’s role is to provide you the necessary resources pertaining to your relocation and minimize stress level that comes along with the move.  An effective sponsor is the key to a successful relocation. To request a sponsor, call your gaining orderly room or the Military Personnel Services at 661-277-4611 or DSN 312-527-4611.
    • Important Documents to Hand Carry
      • Please bring your copies of PCS orders, current banking statements, life insurance information medical and dental records, shot records, passport (if applicable), OJT record and education records. If you are to take leave enroute to your PCS for house hunting (if applicable), ensure that you submit proper leave request with your command’s approval reflected on your leave paperwork. With proper documentation on your leave paperwork, you will be able to minimize unnecessary delays in processing your financial claims and personnel issues.
  • If you get Married Enroute
    • If you get married before you PCS, you MUST inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military WILL NOT pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures

Homes Near Base

No listings found for Edwards Air Force Base.