Count on us to guide you home

McAlester Army Ammunition Plant

McAlester, Oklahoma

Return to Home Page         Return to Base Home Page


Pass and Tag / ID Cards

Information and Referral Services
1 C Tree Road 
Bldg. 31 ACS
McAlester, OK 74501

Phone 918-420-6249 / 918-420-6271
Phone (DSN) 312-956-6249/6271
Fax 918-420-6157
Fax (DSN) 312-956-6157

McAlester Army Ammunition Plant’s (MCAAP) Pass & ID office is located in Building 31 at the main gate. Regular business hours are Monday through Thursday from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. The office is closed on weekends and all federal holidays. The facility operates on a first come first serve basis, no appointment is necessary. 
MCAAP is a closed post and positive ID is required for access to the installation. Positive ID’s include but are not limited to the following, permanent MCAAP badges, MCAAP visitor badges, Common Access Cards (CAC), military dependent ID’s, and DAV cards.

Need a new ID?

For CAC renewal, please bring a valid Driver’s License (or other valid photo ID) and the CAC you are renewing. 

All lost/stolen CACs require a MCAAP Lost/Stolen Badge report and or a police report. You will also need to bring two forms of acceptable identification (i.e. valid Driver’s License and Social Security Card). For a complete list of acceptable IDs, please call (918) 420 6375. 

All dependents MUST have their sponsor accompany them, or have a signed and notarized DD Form 1172, or power of attorney in order to receive a new ID card. 

To add a spouse to a DEERS record: the sponsor MUST accompany the spouse. The spouse MUST have the original (or certified copy) marriage license, original (or certified copy) birth certificate, social security card, and valid driver’s license. 

Eligibility for all military dependent(s) (Spouse and children over the age of 21) require two forms of acceptable IDs. Children over the age of 21 who are attending an accredited school of higher learning MUST bring in a letter from the school stating they are attending full time, pursuing an AA degree or higher, and their estimated graduation date printed on the letter. 

Motor Vehicles

Registration & Licensing Requirements

Oklahoma State law requires you to have sufficient liability insurance and a valid driver's license in order to operate a vehicle. The term "vehicle" generally includes automobiles, motorcycles, vans, trailers and boats regularly parked or garaged overnight. Further, your vehicle must be properly registered. Even though you are in the Military, you may be required to register your vehicle in-state and obtain an in-state license within a few months of moving. Access complete information on insurance, driver's licensing, and where and how to register your vehicle by visiting the State Department of Motor Vehicles website.

State Laws

You and your passengers must always wear seatbelts while driving, you will be ticketed and issued heavy fines if seatbelts are not secured. State law requires that all children under 60 pounds be properly restrained in child seats. Some states also require younger, smaller children to sit in the back seat.

Motorcycles and their operators are subject to special laws. If you own and operate a motorcycle, you must comply with those laws. Visit the State Department of Motor Vehicles website for more information.

Many States and local jurisdictions have strict laws about the use of cell phones and other digital devices while driving. Research these laws on the State Department of Motor Vehicles website. Tickets will be issued and fines assessed for violating these laws. Play it safe and always use a "hands free" device if you must use a cell phone or other PDA while driving. Hands-free devices must be used while operating a motor vehicle on ALL military installations worldwide.


Homes Near Base

No listings found for McAlester Army Ammunition Plant.