Count on us to guide you home

Fort Detrick

Frederick, Maryland

Return to Home Page         Return to Base Home Page

Check In \ Processing

Community Support Center (CSC)
1520 Freedman Drive
Fort Detrick, MD 21702

Phone 301-619-2191
Phone (DSN) 312-343-2191
Fax 301-619-6288
Fax (DSN) 312-343-6288

Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat and Sun - closed

Inprocessing Procedures

Military personnel reporting for duty at Fort Detrick MUST report to the Housing Office before seeking off-post rental housing. The Housing Office is located at 1520 Freedman Drive, Room 202. The housing office is responsible for assigning adequate space to the single Soldiers in pay grades E-1 -E-5. Customer service hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 11:00 and 1:00 to 3:00 for inprocessing.

Single Soldiers in pay grade E1-E5 are required to provide orders and duty telephone number for inprocessing. Soldiers requiring UEPH must also have a current (within 60 days) end-of-month Leave and Earnings Statement.

Army Personnel

Report to your new unit and be met by your sponsor. After hours, arrivals should report to the staff duty noncommissioned officer at 1532 Porter Street to sign in. After reporting to your unit, you must come to the Military Personnel Division (MPD) located in the Community Support Center, 1520 Freedman Drive, Room 139A, to pick up the Installation Inprocessing Checklist. Inprocessing is conducted all day everyday, however, on Thursdays MPD doesn't open till 9 a.m. No appointment is required. The sponsor is responsible for escorting the new arrival to the various agencies for inprocessing. When reporting to MPD, the Soldier should bring a duty position memorandum, permanent-change-of-station orders, military personnel file, medical, dental, and education records.

Navy Personnel

Navy personnel should report to the Naval Medical Logistics Command at 1681 Nelson Street upon arrival for inprocessing.

National Center for Medical Intelligence Military Members

National Center for Medical Intelligence Military members should inprocess at the Armed Forces Medical Intelligence Center's, Military Personnel Office, 1607 Porter Street, upon arrival.

Civilian Personnel

Civilian personnel should report to the Civilian Human Resource Office located at 810 Schreider Street, Suite 106, to inprocess. Building 810 requires an access key to enter. You must call CPAC from the foyer to gain entry to the building.  Their operation hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

What To Do If You Get Married Enroute

If you get married before your PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you ar etold.  The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.

Homes Near Base

No listings found for Fort Detrick.