Count on us to guide you home

Luke Air Force Base

Glendale, Arizona

Return to Home Page         Return to Base Home Page

Check In \ Processing

Visitors Center
South Gate
Bldg 879
Luke AFB, AZ 85309

Phone 623-856-4768 / 623-856-4769
Phone (DSN) 312-896-4768
Fax 623-856-4799
Fax (DSN) 312-896-4799

Mon - Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sat and Sun - closed
Holidays - closed

Documents to Hand Carry

  • PCS orders
  • All personal identification documents; military ID cards, marriage and birth certificates, passports and Social Security cards
  • Medical records, including immunization records for family and pets
  • Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
  • Proof of car insurance and registration. If you are returning from an overseas assignment, have proof that you were insured (from your overseas insurance company) during the time you were out of country. If you cannot prove insurance, you will be considered "uninsured" for that time period and be required to pay much higher premiums when obtaining insurance here
  • School records
  • Inventory list of household goods shipment
  • Any bills of sale pertaining to vehicles, especially if you purchased the car overseas. You will need these to register your car
  • Your sponsorship package
  • If you arrive after duty hours check in at the Fighter Country Inn, Bldg 660.
  • If you arrive during duty hours, check in at your Unit Personnel Office (UPO) to begin squadron inprocessing. Report in uniform. As well as checking in with unit, it is mandatory to initiate base inprocessing. Go to the MPS located on the second floor of the Blockhouse, building 1140. MPS will schedule member for mandatory Wing Orientation, held every other week at the A&FRC. Member must also attend Medical Right Start at the medical clinic, held every Friday at 9 am. After you have done your initial inprocessing, you will be given permissive TDY for house-hunting (if eligible). It is extremely important that you do this! Otherwise you will be charged with regular leave, which may not have been necessary for you to take. If you arrive after duty hours, report to your UPO the following duty day.
  • TDY and PCS Students
    • Report to the Fighter Country Inn, Bldg 660, for inprocessing instructions.
  • Civilian Employees
    • Report to the Civilian Personnel Office, Bldg 1150, Room 1178, weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for inprocessing.
  • If you get Married Enroute 
    • If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures

Homes Near Base