Legal Services - Office of the Staff Judge Advocate
Honest John Road
Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898
Phone 256- 876-9005
Phone (DSN) 312-746-9005
Fax (DSN) 312-788-6468
Mon – Fri – 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sat – closed
Sun - closed
- All active duty servicemembers and their dependents.
- All eligible military retirees and their dependents.
- US Army Reserve and National Guard service members and their dependents should normally consult their Judge Advocate personnel during service drills. However, if the Reserve or National Guard service members are on Military Orders for 30 days or more, then such service member and their dependents are eligible for Legal Assistance at our office or another military installation's active duty JAG office.
Please be advised that based on guidance from the US Army Legal Services Agency, Policy Division, that unremarried former spouses of military retirees are not eligible for legal assistance services. This revision will be incorporated in the updated version of AR 27-3.
Personal Legal Issues:
- Consumer Protection: Credit, Contracts, Warranty Issues
- Family Law: Divorce, Separation, Child Support, Paternity
- Real and Personal Property
- Civilian/Criminal Cases- general advice and referral
Military Legal Issues:
- Deployment Readiness
- Family Support
- Financial Liability Investigations of Property Loss
- Hardship Cases
- Security Clearances
Please note that the Army regulations and staffing considerations prohibit this office from representing you in civil court proceedings. You will need to hire a civilian attorney for in-court representation.
Tax Center Eligibility
- All Active Duty Servicemembers and their dependents
- All military retirees and their dependents.
- US Army Reserve and National Guard service members and their dependents should normally consult their Judge Advocate personnel during service drills. However, if the Reserve or National Guard service members are on Military Orders for 30 days or more, then such service members and their dependents are eligible for Tax Center Assistance at our office or another military installation's active duty JAG office.
Free electronic filing of state and federal income tax. For more information, call 256-842-1040.
The Redstone Arsenal Claims Division is located in the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Building 3439, Honest John Road, Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898. Claims are accepted on a walk-in basis Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 -4:00 p.m. If you have questions concerning filing a claim, you may contact 256-876-9006.
Full Replacement Value (FRV). Claimants you may now file your claim directly with the carrier and be eligible to be compensated for the full replacement value of damaged, lost or missing items, if you comply with certain conditions.
FRV applies to shipments with a pick-up date on or after 1 October 2007 for International Household Goods (HHG) and Unaccompanied Baggage (UB) shipments, a pick-up date on or after 1 November 2007 for Domestic HHG, and a pick-up date on or after 1 March 2008 for Non-Temporary Storage (NTS), Direct Procurement Method (DPM) (local moves,
intra-theater). Some domestic and international shipments may be moved under a non-FRV DPM contract between 1 October 2007 and 1 March 2008.
For more information and to access forms, stop at Bldg 3439, call 256-876-9005/9006