Ask your Command or local housing office to learn more about PCSing.com that is currently available for most military installations. This site allows military members and families to:
- Search listings and pictures of available rentals near military installations
- Articles to understand all the ins and out of PCSing to a new location
- Find out about shared rentals
- List and advertise their own properties for rent or to other military families PCSing
- List their homes For Sale By Owner (FSBO) to other military members PCSing
- How to Contact the military installation housing office they are PCSing to.
- For Local Certified Military Relocator agents to help in your PCSing needs
The military family housing at Fort George G. Meade has been privatized under the Army's Residential Communities Initiative program authorized by the Military Housing Privatization Act enacted into law in l996. This authorization is intended to influence the way military families live in the future by offering safe, affordable, convenient, attractive and quality residential communities for the 21st century. Meade-Picerne Partners will finance, design, construct, manage, operate, maintain and repair privatized military family housing over the next 50 years. There are a variety of housing options available within a 20-35 minute commute of Fort Meade. There are programs available to assist military members and their families in locating off-post housing such as referral services and the Set-Aside Program.
2234 Huber Road
Fort Meade, MD 20755-5115
Mon thru Fri 7:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Except Federal Holidays
You can also contact a local Certified Military Relocator Agent who could also assist you in all you off base housing needs.