Central Registration for Childcare Office
4575 Virginia Ave.
Andrews AFB, MD 20762
Phone 301-981-9981 / 301-981-9982
Phone (DSN) 312-858-9981
Fax (DSN) 312-858-2106
Mon - Tue 11:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m
Thu - Fri 7:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m
Wed Appointment only
Weekends & Holidays - closed
The wait for infant (to 1year old) childcare at the CDC can be up to one year for Category 1 parents (single parents, dual military career). Infant slots with on-base Family Home Daycare Providers or on the local economy are equally tight. 2-3 year old slots come open at the CDC and at FHDC providers usually within about 30 - 60 days. Slots for older children are easier to come by.
Child Development Centers
The Virginia Avenue Center (CDC #1) has been accredited by the National Academy for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) since 1995. The San Antonio Blvd. Center (CDC #2) became accredited in 1998. All the centers embrace the same philosophy regarding young children and the learning process. Parents are considered an integral part of quality childcare and each center has an active Parent Advisory Board.
A large Family Child Care Program offers an alternative to center based care and can usually accommodate families who may be waiting for a space in the center.
Other programs available include the Before and After School Programs which are provided through the Youth Activities Center and a Part Day Enrichment Program which is also in the Youth Activities Building. These classes are designed for parents and children who desire a preschool group experience but do not need full day care. Children may attend two days, three days, or five days either morning or afternoon. Children must be potty trained and can be between 3 and 5 years old. There are fees based on salary, ranging from $39 - $140 per month.
Parent's Night Out for children 6 months to age 12 is sponsored at the CDC's once a month. The hours are 1800 - 2400 usually on a Saturday evening; the cost is $4.00 an hour per child. Children must be registered with Child Development Services but do not have to be actively using the program. Call 301-981-9981/82 for more information on this program.
All children using any of the above programs must have proof of current immunizations either with a shot record or medical records. For this reason it is highly recommended that these items be hand carried and not packed with shipments. Contact 301-981-9981 or DSN 312-858-9981 for questions on the child development centers. Call 301-981-5430 or DSN 312-858-5430 with questions concerning Youth Programs. Call 301-981-9981 for family day care information. Note all quoted prices are subject to change.
1. Priority One applies to those assigned to Andrews AFB and are single/dual active duty military or DoD civilian employees or active duty military/DoD civilian employees with working or fulltime student spouse.
2. Priority Two applies to those not assigned to Andrews AFB and are single/dual active duty military or DoD civilian employees or active duty military/DoD civilian employee with working or fulltime student spouse.
3. Priority Three applies to those assigned to Andrews AFB and are active duty military or DoD civilian employees with non-working spouse or a DoD contractor with working or fulltime student spouse.
4. Priority Four applies to those not assigned to Andrews AFB and are active duty military DoD civilian employee with non-working spouse or a DoD contractor with non-working spouse.
1. Respite care is offered through Family Advocacy.
Family Child Care
Family Childcare is operated by individual home care provides. For more information please call 301-981-9981.